Index du forum
M
e
n
u

Harbeth 40.1 Versus Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8

(Spendor, Rogers, Harbeth,…, Panneaux Quad, BBC Monitor)

Retourner vers Ses cousines

Re: Harbeth 40.1 Versus Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8

Message #61 par Nicodimdom » 24 Fév 2015 à 20:51

Pedro, t'es la sagesse même.  :cheesygrin:

Non, non, ne me remercie pas, c'est sincère.  :kiss:
Dom

LES ENCEINTES FRANCAISES, c'est LE PIED !! (Pas un pied d'argile comme les enceintes en glaise)
Nicodimdom
500 watts
500 watts

Message #62 par mambojet » 24 Fév 2015 à 20:54

mkl » 24 Fév 2015, 18:55 a écrit:Tu aurais pu éviter de payer tes M40.1:  :cheesygrin:

Here is a challenge then.

If, in a controlled experiment with all variables accounted for (incl. differences in frequency reponse and within the power range appropriate to the amps) under instantaneous A-B relay switchover, driving any Harbeth speakers, if you can positively identify an amplifier by sound alone, I will give you, FOC, a pair of brand new Harbeth speakers, up to and including a pair of M40.1 in any veneer you fancy.

I am quite confident that under controlled conditions, these fabled amplifier differences disappear and that I will never be parting with my money!

However, I don't have the time to play around. You have to conceive of the test, design the switch over system and bring it to us here and we'll cooperate fully. There are plenty of examples of carefully constructed tests over the past 30+ years to draw on that meet my critera, and every one of them comes to the same conclusion. As far as this 'amp matching to Harbeth speakers' issue goes, it is a non-issue. As dead as the dodo. I cannot comment on the amp matching for other speaker brands. We take care to make our speaker an easy load: other speaker designers may be less consumer-focused.

NO CORRESPONDENCE PLEASE - CALL ME WHEN YOU HAVE THE WHOLE PLAN EXECUTED!

Amplifiers should be selected not for "sound quality" (whatever that is) but for facilities, design integrity, durability, after care and likelyhood of being able to source service parts in 5 or 10 years. Also, if you're really serious, a quick peek at the financial standing of the brand might tell you if they are likely to have the financial resources to weather the economic downturn of the next few years which is effecting the whole consumer electronics sector. Some of the most likely surviving (UK) brands rarely advertise, rarely exhibit, have relatively old-fashioned designs, use standard parts, have been around for a generation and are rock solid businesses. They deserve to be respected and supported because they will be there to look after you in 10+ years.

There are some very difficult times ahead for the consumer industry: now is a time to be cautious.

Alan A. Shaw
Designer, owner
Harbeth Audio UK

Cela prouve que c'est vraiment des daubes bouchées ces Harbeth  :cheesygrin:
Finalement Pedro ne serait pas aussi couillon que ce qu'on peut croire ?
mambojet
Animateur
Animateur

Message #63 par castellu » 24 Fév 2015 à 21:03

Le discours serait-il identique s'il vendait un bel ampli bien cher ? :biggrin:

B r u n o
castellu
Animateur
Animateur

Message #64 par pedro » 24 Fév 2015 à 21:08

Tention manbo j'ai 5 bonpoints au compteur !!
ca peut partir en cOOuille n'importe quand

Si je balance un lien d'un clip d'une superbe nana, grande, blonde,  mince et avec gueule d'ange
qui se fait sandwicher par 2 sauvages
je perd combien de bonpoint ? :cheesygrin:
pedro
500 watts
500 watts

Message #65 par AJMARS » 24 Fév 2015 à 21:10

De quoi passer trois semaines en stage de récupération de vert.....   :cheesygrin:  :cheesygrin:

A plus
André
Vive la Basalpie libre
AJMARS
500 watts
500 watts

Message #66 par pedro » 24 Fév 2015 à 21:47

AJMARS a écrit:De quoi passer trois semaines en stage de récupération de vert.....   :cheesygrin:  :cheesygrin:

Excellente !
j'va attendre que tu parte en vacance alors
doc lui, adore ma collection de clips coquins  :wink:
pedro
500 watts
500 watts

Message #67 par jeanpascalg » 25 Fév 2015 à 02:04

Jerome W » 24 Fév 2015, 07:56 a écrit:Et bien les Harbeth, c'est fabuleux avec quasiment n'importe quoi !
;)

C'est justement ça l'intérêt, suffisamment typé pour marcher avec tout contrairement aux Wilson.
jeanpascalg
500 watts
500 watts

Message #68 par Jerome W » 25 Fév 2015 à 06:54

mkl a écrit:Tu aurais pu Ã[emoji767]viter de payer tes M40.1:  :cheesygrin:

Here is a challenge then.

If, in a controlled experiment with all variables accounted for (incl. differences in frequency reponse and within the power range appropriate to the amps) under instantaneous A-B relay switchover, driving any Harbeth speakers, if you can positively identify an amplifier by sound alone, I will give you, FOC, a pair of brand new Harbeth speakers, up to and including a pair of M40.1 in any veneer you fancy.

I am quite confident that under controlled conditions, these fabled amplifier differences disappear and that I will never be parting with my money!

However, I don't have the time to play around. You have to conceive of the test, design the switch over system and bring it to us here and we'll cooperate fully. There are plenty of examples of carefully constructed tests over the past 30+ years to draw on that meet my critera, and every one of them comes to the same conclusion. As far as this 'amp matching to Harbeth speakers' issue goes, it is a non-issue. As dead as the dodo. I cannot comment on the amp matching for other speaker brands. We take care to make our speaker an easy load: other speaker designers may be less consumer-focused.

NO CORRESPONDENCE PLEASE - CALL ME WHEN YOU HAVE THE WHOLE PLAN EXECUTED!

Amplifiers should be selected not for "sound quality" (whatever that is) but for facilities, design integrity, durability, after care and likelyhood of being able to source service parts in 5 or 10 years. Also, if you're really serious, a quick peek at the financial standing of the brand might tell you if they are likely to have the financial resources to weather the economic downturn of the next few years which is effecting the whole consumer electronics sector. Some of the most likely surviving (UK) brands rarely advertise, rarely exhibit, have relatively old-fashioned designs, use standard parts, have been around for a generation and are rock solid businesses. They deserve to be respected and supported because they will be there to look after you in 10+ years.

There are some very difficult times ahead for the consumer industry: now is a time to be cautious.

Alan A. Shaw
Designer, owner
Harbeth Audio UK

Je lui ai proposé et j'attends toujours.
Je lui ai même dit mieux.
J'entends nettement et je reconnais en aveugle les différences sonores entre différents câbles numériques. Je lui ai proposé le pari avec des câbles coaxiaux numériques !
Les différences entre les amplis c'est pour les sourds.
J'attends toujours.
Ceci dit je lui ai avoué être myope comme une taupe. Je crois qu'il se méfie.
Je vois rien mais j'entends tout.
Il y a deux moyens d'oublier les tracas de la vie : la musique et les chats Albert Schweitzer
Jerome W
100 watts
100 watts

Message #69 par ZORGL » 25 Fév 2015 à 07:13

J'ai l'impression que  ...tu ne doutes vraiment de rien..."Comment que tu te racontes de belles Zhistoires nodiophiles.."
Z

jérome w / "too bad, because when it comes to Hifi "theories" the guys at "Le Vert" are not bad at all.
Anyway, I am happier now that I do not visit the place anymore. "

Rime en beurre  ? ??
Dernière édition par ZORGL le 27 Fév 2015 à 06:58, édité 1 fois.
Are you a Mod or a Rocker ? / I'm a.. Mocker.... (Ringo Starr )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-XxZtyM6Qk
SesXque & Draugues & Rauque & Drôle (& Pisse & LauVe BroZers Verts ) !
ZORGL
500 watts
500 watts
Localisation: Grive La Braillarde -Brive la Gaillarde (Groland du centre CorréZou orienté sud ouest )

Message #70 par dead_man » 25 Fév 2015 à 09:54

:cheesygrin:  :mrgreen:  :cheesygrin:  :mrgreen:
Jamais l'aigle ne perdit plus de temps qu'en apprenant du corbeau.
William Blake .
dead_man
100 watts
100 watts

Message #71 par gche » 22 Mar 2015 à 08:57

Désolé, erreur de manipulation
gche
1 watt
1 watt

Message #72 par audiofil50 » 28 Mar 2015 à 16:58

Je confirme ce que dit  Jerome W à propos des WA : ainsi , jamais les  WA Alexandria ne m'ont paru bien marcher lors des salons parisiens , au vu de leur tarif ahurissant , même avec une débauche d'AR hors de prix : son  hifi et brillant , certes , mais  rien à voir avec la musicalité naturelle et relaxée des grosses  Harbeth , Spendor mais aussi des grands panneaux actuels chez QUAD et SOUND LAB ...!
audiofil50
100 watts
100 watts

Message #73 par Archi » 04 Mai 2015 à 18:43

Jérôme W tu as revendu tes M40.1 si j'ai bien compris, tu en étais pourtant très très satisfait, que s'est il passé ? Quelles sont tes enceintes principales actuelles ?

Un grand merci d'avance.
Archi
100 watts
100 watts

Message #74 par Jerome W » 04 Mai 2015 à 20:24

Non. Je pensais les vendre pour cause de déménagement puis finalement je les garde car je leur ai trouvé une pièce de 28 m2.
Aucune enceinte ne pourra me combler plus que les 40.1.
Il y a deux moyens d'oublier les tracas de la vie : la musique et les chats Albert Schweitzer
Jerome W
100 watts
100 watts

Précédente

Retourner vers Ses cousines